Federal Civilian Claims

Federal Civilian Claims (UCFE)

The Unemployment Compensation for Federal Employees program provides benefits for eligible unemployed former civilian Federal employees. The program is administered by States as agents of the Federal government. This program is operated under the same terms and conditions that apply to regular State Unemployment Insurance.

If you had federal employment within the last 18 months, the wages you earned during that period may be used to establish a claim for unemployment benefits. You may file a claim for unemployment insurance benefitsĀ online or by calling 601-855-3133 or 1-888-844-3577. You will be asked to provide a form SF-8, or other documents to verify your federal employment.

You should be prepared to provide the following information:
Your Social Security number,
Your complete mailing address and phone number,
The names, addresses, and phone numbers for all your employers in the last eighteen (18) months,
The dates you worked and the reason you left each employer,
Alien Registration number or Visa number, if you are not a U.S. Citizen

You will need to register for employment services at the WIN Job Center if you have not done so already. Our staff can assist you with job search process, training and other career needs.

Click here for more information visit U.S. Department of Labor