Federal Military Claims

Federal Military Claims

The Unemployment Compensation for Ex-servicemembers (UCX) program provides benefits for eligible ex-military personnel. In addition, former members of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps are covered under the UCX program.

If you had military employment within the last 18 months, the wages you earned during that period may be used to establish a claim for unemployment benefits. You may file a claim for unemployment insurance benefits by calling 601-855-3133 or 1-888-844-3577. You will be asked to provide the Member 4 copy of your DD214.

You should be prepared to provide the following information:
Your Social Security number,
Your complete mailing address and phone number,
The names, addresses, and phone numbers for all your employers in the last eighteen (18) months,
The dates you worked and the reason you left each employer,
Alien Registration number or Visa number, if you are not a U.S. Citizen

You will need to register for employment services at the nearest WIN Job Center if you have not done so already. Our staff can assist you with job search process, training and other career needs.

Click here for more information visit U. S. Department of Labor.