Foreign Worker Housing Inspections

Foreign Labor Housing Inspections

Employers who hire H-2A temporary agricultural workers are responsible for providing free housing to those workers who are not able to return to their residences the same day. Such housing must be inspected and approved according to appropriate standards.

The Foreign Labor Certification Officer or a designated person from the nearest WIN Job Center has been charged with these inspection duties. Housing provided by the employer shall meet the full set of DOL Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards set forth at 29 CFR 1910.142 or the full set of standards at 654.404-645.417. Rental housing which meets local or state health and safety standards may also be provided. Select the inspection guidelines below.

Housing Inspection Checklist & OSHA Regulations

For more information contact the Foreign Labor Certification Officer by e-mail here.